Tourists wishing to visit India are normally granted a short-term tourist visa, normally granted for three or six months effective from the date of issue. Tourist visas are non-extendible and non-convertible.
Visa category requirements/supporting documents:
All fields on the visa application form are mandatory and must be filled in black ink.
- The visa application form must be duly signed and dated by the applicant. In case of minor either of the parents can sign on the applicant's behalf.
- Please write NA, (Not Applicable) for any fields on the visa application form that is not applicable to your application.
- Please do not use any special characters (eg. ' " /)
Please send us photocopies (not the originals) of the additional documents if relevant to your application.
The documentation may vary from consulate to consulate and additional documentation may be required by CGI/HCI.
In case of visa application for a child (minor) under 16 years of age, submitted with out both the parents applications, following additional documentation is required:
Consent letter signed by both the parents, even if mother or father is travelling along with the child.
Photocopy of mother & father’s passports along with the copy of their current Indian Visa if already holding one.
In divorced cases, Child Custody Letter from court in respect of the child is required.
A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
Please provide two recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) of your self. The photographs should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and in contrast against the background;
- Clear and of good quality;
- Printed on normal photographic paper;
- Unmounted 2 Inches By 2 Inches Size;
- Should show full face (without sunglasses and normally without a hat or cap);
- The face should be in the center of the frame
TYPE of Visa’s and How to APPLY for A Valid INDIA VISA & REQUIREMENTS
Tourist Visa 6 Months for British Citizens
( Persons of Pakistani , Bangladeshi , Sri Lankan Origin please contact the Embassy Directly )
For applying for a tourist visa we require the following.
We require the following
- The Original Passport . The Passport valid for a minimum of 190 days with at least two blank pages.
- Forms Filled and Signed
- 2 Photgraphs 2 Inches by 2 Inches in white or very light backgroud Each
- Cheque in favour of Great Vacations for 150 Pounds Per Person
- Passport will take 7 - 10 working days
- One Self Addressed Special Delivery Return Envelope
Send us in Special Delivery Please and Post to Great Vacations and Posted to 25 Grangewood, Wexham, Slough, South Bucks, SL3 6LP, United Kingdom